New Year, New Resolution

It is our second week back at work and getting out of bed in the morning still seems hideously unfair as we settle back into work mode… saying goodbye to our pleasant holiday sleep ins and setting alarms for 6:30am! So as we slowly get back into the groove we have decided to share our “New Year’s Resolutions” to really kick start the year.

This week we will each share our New Year’s Resolutions which will hopefully force us to stick to them.

SAM


Personal

Well, what can I say! New Years Eve is not my favourite night of the year so I guess resolutions to go with it have never been high on my agenda either. I’m a bit of day by day girl so planning personal plights can be a little tricky. However, for the sake of this banter I will nominate making more of an effort in my daily beauty regime as my resolution. I can get a little lazy with makeup routines and spending time on my hair do, so for the best part of this year I will take a little more time and effort. Lets face it, probably more for the sake of those who have to look at me all day than myself! Right girls?!

Work

As a business owner the resolution here is obvious. Drive new business! Perhaps it is time to take a more proactive stance and I already have been working on developing a new division for memery. Stay tuned for that news! As a truly national company I am also resolved to the fact that we will have an office in Sydney and fingers crossed Melbourne by December 2012. So there you have it, diversification and growth! Cheers to that.

BEC


Personal

After spending my Christmas holidays staying on one of Australia’s iconic fashion strips Chapel St, I became acutely aware that I wasn’t overly adventurous in the colour department. Of my wardrobe that is. It’s not that I don’t have options; I always just reach for the black! Easy when it makes up 97% of your pieces with the other 3% shared between navy, grey and the sporadic dash of colour.

So NYRes#1 was set– colour my world!

The other day I went to my cupboard and picked out a bright yellow dress. By the time I got to work I felt like a giant lemon and I wanted to shoot myself.  Ok that may be a little melodramatic… lets just say that branching out from black has not been a positive experience for me.  Perhaps I should have started with neutrals then I wouldn’t feel the urge to revert back to Kelly Cutrone Black already!

Work

NY Res#2 – tweet more!

Although I have had my Twitter account since 2009, until recently I have merely been a twatcher [tweet watcher] so I’ve decided I shall now tweet @ least once a day!  Want to be my 27th follower? You’d better be quick! haha @bec_jerdan

SALLY


Personal

I was given my first digital SLR camera for Christmas – spoilt, I know! So, my New Years resolution 2012 is to learn to use my shiny new Canon!

I am anticipating that by the end of the year I will be taking fabulous Annie Leibovitz style snaps! Now, if I could only remember the difference between ISO and Aperture…

Work

2012 marks a very exciting milestone in my life. This year, I will graduate from The University of Queensland with a Bachelor of Communication, majoring in Public Relations (assuming all goes to plan).

I would be lying if I said that I have loved every minute of the last three years, and I can GUARANTEE that more than once this year I will feel like pulling my hair out/banging my head on a brick wall/dropping out to run away and join the circus. I have a sneaking suspicion, however, that it will all be worth it in the end.

AMBRE

Personal

Initially I refused to have a New Year’s Resolution for 2012 as I often have trouble coming up with something exciting that I will actually stick to. But after spending a week of my holidays in Sydney and absolutely loving every minute of exploring the city I feel a little bad for my lack of effort in exploring Brisbane. So my personal New Year’s Resolution is to do something new each week, whether it is eating at a new restaurant or going to the Moonlight Cinemas (this week’s activity).

Work

As I am still learning so much every day I come to work, my work resolution is to soak up as much information as I can (and retain it) and become a PR genius like all the girls in this office.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>